Monday, March 20, 2006

Robot with a vag and a cupcake



Last friday I crocheted a little green robot with a vag and a cupcake for my friend Ruby. Ruby's mother showed me the ultimate trick for making the bottom of a knit or crocheted tote or bag square. It's great, and very simple. After you sew or stitch the bottom together, simply stitch off the corners into the edges of your square and fold them over inside the bag. I'll try to draw it and post it later.
On Sunday, the other devils and I went out to Fabric Depot to look at all the splendor. We picked out some patterns. Anneliese and I are talking mumu right now. I'm thinking two for me and Michael for Easter made out of these christian tapestries we found at a Goodwill in Vancouver. I bought some remnants that were all 50% off and a tub of random buttons also 50% off! I only spent 6 bucks and I got a pretty good haul- including some orange gingham print oilcloth to make a little purse or wallet out of. I also read more about felting in one of the books. I didn't realize that it was so damn easy!
I am craft-obsessed lately. These are the places I want to visit in PDX- maybe on friday:
Frock (2940 NE Alberta
Retrospect (1532 NE Alberta
Contemporary Crafts Museum & Gallery Tuesday – Saturday, 10 am to 5 pm.Sunday, 1 to 5 pm.3934 SW Corbett Avenue
Knittn Kitten (7530 NE Glisan
SCRAP (3901A N Williams
JoAnn Fabrics (1928 NE 42nd
Lint- 1700 NW Marshall St

current flickr set of some stuff I made:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64384813@N00/sets/72057594083934613/
vagbot

I would like to get off my ass and crochet a narwhal. Been meaning too for ages. I really miss my craft wife Lindsay Arnold lately. We used to make a ton of bullshit together. She has mad skills. I made her mom an iVag without labia for xmas.

I did a goofy job of stitching her name on the side. I thought Ruby would like it all silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

superphoebe