Friday, September 29, 2006

school is cool

It's been a great week getting back into school- the beginning of my second year at the Universtiy of Washington's iSchool- yeah they spell it that way. Everything has an i before it now. I have two really great classes from two Nancys. Already a ton of reading for Booklust 101 with Nancy Pearl. We're kicking it off with Ward Just's A Dangerous Friend and a non-fiction narrative of our choosing. I'm trying to decide between The Orchid Theif, Stiff, and Truth & Beauty. I listened to Carl Reiner's NNNNN on the way up to Seattle, and its pretty entertaining- very enjoyable to hear it in Carl's voice. My business resources class is helping close the gap in the knowledge I was just expected to have at the law firm. (School helps me realize how little training and back-up I had in that job, and how ridiculous it was for me to be expected to do that kind of work without and without decent pay, too. Those are the situations in which I gain massive amounts of new knowledge, so it still works out pretty well.) The business class is satisfying that other type of nerd in me. The teacher is really knowledgeable, funny, interesting- just fab!

No comments:

Post a Comment

superphoebe