Wednesday, February 7, 2007

f u in the swoosh


OK, so most of my pals know, but I got the straight-up dis from Nike last week. I was laid off, but before that I was accused of many criminal things by a coworker I mistook for a friend. I am totally confused by it all and can only chalk it up to accounts that the pot-head bitch lives for drama and was possibly threatened by my professional knowledge and training. It's kindof amazing how horribly a company with a bad labor rep handled it all.
Whatever, right? So, I'm taking it in stride (after brushing the bruises off of my ego) and taking it as a sign that it is time for me to go back to what I love the most: making movies! I've felt these nudges from Marge and Liz and the universe. I guess that I should've listened to those nudges before I needed to get kicked in the ass in such a "harsh toke" kinda way. So, now I'm a little broke, but I have time to do a ton of homework and crafting while i look for a new job. I've made a few new lamps that i really love.

Also, Carol took me to see Itzhak Perlman perform violin and then conduct the portland symphony orchestra. He was absolutely amazing, and he conjured music that flowed like warm butter from the orchestra that night. I don't think I'd ever heard them play so beautifully, so fluid, so warm. It was an evening I'll remember forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

superphoebe