Monday, July 9, 2007

more WANT! (and more flickr!)

My pal Dee is an amazing vegan baker when she's not a brilliant filmmaker, actress, programmer, all-around gorgeous lady. From her flickr post :

"For the 4th of July, I modified this recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. It's the Sexy Lowfat Vanilla recipe (because I sometimes need to fit into that tube-top) with added lemon zest and extract. Then I followed the instructions for the Strawberry tall cakes (that is cutting out the center of the cupcake, stuffing it with fresh berries, putting the cap back on and frosting the whole lot!)..."

I recently checked out Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World from the library, and it was one of the best cake books I have ever used in the kitchen- each recipe more of a hit than the next. The authors are also the smarties behind Vegan With a Vengeance. They are both wonderful cookbooks, even if you eat things with faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

superphoebe