Friday, July 24, 2009

The Adults In The Room



I am super happy to be joining forces with Portland Director Andy Blubaugh to help produce his first feature film!

I've been itchin' to work on a feature again for awhile, and this film is really giving me the opportunity to throw a lot of the knowledge and experience I gained from making Tammytown and working on other projects into something extremely worthwhile. Several people kept suggesting that I join the film, but I wasn't sure I could do it. Then, the opportunity for the 4-day work week presented itself, and next thing you know...

I was compelled to start working on it after I read up on it, then fell in love with the script, and have similar warm fuzzies for Andy. It's his very personal story about his secret relationship as a teenager with a man twice his age. The unfolding stories (a present-day documentary mixed with a dramatic retelling of the past) is intriguing, tender, painful, raw, complicated and loving. I was pretty much enthralled from the moment he said "well, it's more Harold & Maude than 'To Catch a Predator'!"

Follow the film: Facebook Twitter Vimeo

No comments:

Post a Comment

superphoebe