- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- head of kale, chard, or hearty lettuce
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped or diced cooked bacon ends
Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, syrup, mustard, salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper in a nonreactive bowl. The dressing can be prepared one day ahead; cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature 30 minutes before using. (I actually made a double recipe of the dressing as a single recipe didn’t coat the leaves very well.)
Tear or chop the greens into bite size pieces, or to your liking.
Place the dressing in a salad bowl and whisk well. Add the kale, cranberries, and bacon ends and toss to coat greens thoroughly with dressing.