Last week, I made some delicious macaroons, and it was also very fun to make them! This recipe, adapted from several across the internet, makes about 20 nice little ones:
- two cups sweetened shredded coconut
- one cup full-fat coconut milk
- two tablespoons agave nectar
- two tablespoons coconut flour or other GF thickener
- one-two teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
Make sure coconut milk and fat is well blended.
Whisk together the coconut milk, agave nectar and salt in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
Add the flour and whisk thoroughly.
Heat the mixture to a full boil, and continue to boil for about two minutes or until it has thickened.
Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla and coconut.
Roll the gooey mixture in small balls and place onto the baking sheet.
Bake the macaroons for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
The macaroons will set up best if refrigerated for a couple of hours.