Tasty little gluten-free vegan coconut macaroon mini muffins!
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk ( I like the real-deal regular coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup or more to taste honey or agave (optional)
- 1 tablespoon water, or as needed if using very creamy, thick coconut milk- DO NOT USE IF USING LIGHT OR RUNNY COCONUT MILK
- 2 teaspoon vanilla (also optional)
- 1 1/4 cups white rice flour
- 2 packed cups shredded unsweetened coconut (you could also use sweetened to make it less of a muffin and more of a macaroon) Add 1-2 more cups if using coconut flakes or mix of both shreds and flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white or turbinado sugar, for sprinkling on top or one packet stevia instead (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray mini-muffin pans with cooking spray.
(I used baking cups initially, but they're much better with spray as they get just a little crunchier.)
2. Mix together the coconut milk, honey/agave and vanilla with the water in a mixing bowl. Stir in white rice flour, coconut, and salt. Spoon the mixture into the prepared mini muffin cups, and sprinkle with sugar if desired.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until the tops are golden brown and crusty, about 20-30 minutes.
thanks to DelishD. for introducing me to the general idea for these, from a Malaysian recipe!