So, I really love apple season, too!
Cabbage & Apples Simple Slaw
1 head cabbage
4 tablespoons lemon juice
2-3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon of mustard powder
1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Salt and pepper to taste ( i like to make it without, and then add these as I eat it)
Optional -add a little heat! (cracked black pepper, red peppers, etc.)
Slice cabbage & apples into very thin strips (
food processor is great for this.) Toss with lemon juice and spices.
Allow to marinate for 30 minutes or overnight.
cross posted from our group salad blog at: http://its-alotta-insalata.tumblr.com/
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Scaled for one, easy to multiply:
- 1 mahi mahi (or any fish) fillet
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ginger depending on taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 medium or small sliced tomato
- juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt to taste
- Place mahi mahi on top of a large sheet non-stick aluminum foil.
- Blend garlic, ginger, and pepper loosely. Optional to whisk together with olive oil.
- Top the fillet with the seasonings.
- Place tomato slices on top of seasoned fish.
- Drizzle the squeezed lemon juice all over your tomatoes and fish.
- Close up aluminum foil into a pocket so that the top and ends are completely sealed around your delicious fish.
- Bake at 425°F for 10-15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. T(iming depends on thickness of steak.)
- Sprinkle thick sea salt to taste all over your tomatoes after you pull it out of the oven and enjoy!
Thursday, October 13, 2011
- 1 large heirloom tomato
- 1 serving of shrimp (you decide how much!)
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- 1/4 t paprika
- 1/4 t cumin
- sea salt to taste
- cracked pepper to taste
- Simmer a little water (and maybe a titch of oil if you'd like) in a pan at medium heat, stir in and whisk the cayenne, paprika and cumin together.
- Toss in thawed or fresh shrimp, tails and spines off, stir occasionally until cooked, just a few minutes at the same time
- While shrimps are cooking, cut up your tomato and toss into another pan on medium heat, cook just until warm
- Now the shrimp should be good and cooked and spicy!
- Toss the tomato & shrimp together in a bowl and sprinkle your salt and pepper over the whole meal